Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Turkish bath - > Greece

Before we left for Greece I made sure to go to the local bathhouse for a scrub down.  A big old turk buffed off all my dead skin, soaped me down,  cracked my back,  and rinsed me off.  All inside a spooky Marble building.  Worth every penny.  I've never been cleaner.
The bus ride to Greece was a disaster. Company was impossible to find because the international bus station has 200+ stalls.  Almost 2
Hours late, uncomfortable,  with surly passengers and a add stinky guy who seemed drunk,  in charge of everything.  Getting  across the boarder took  almost two hours and we had to keep getting on and off the bus (all at like 4 am of course)
It was worth it.  Thesoloniky is beautiful: perfect blue sky,  amazing water,  Roman ruins everywhere,  and hot women galore. Had lunch at a little cafe run by an older artist and the guy treated us like kings.  He kept bringing us free food and snacks,  and even bought has a round of beers.  At night we went to see some local music at the engineering college. The place looked like it was an abandoned Detroit building.  Every wall covered in graffiti,  broken stinking bathrooms,  garbage everywhere.  I guess that the students,  faculty,  and maintenance  have all been  striking /protesting/ revolting,  and they just left it a mess.  I didn't have my camera with me,  so no photos.  I might go back during the day to take some pics .  I can't imagine going to class there.

No comments: