Wednesday, July 16, 2008

hanoi

went on a tour of Hanoi today. it was very hot, but fun too. We went to an ethnic museaum, a temple, a shopping mall, and got some ice cream. I bought some pineapple and dragon fruit at a local market and they cut it up in perfect little peices so you can eat it as you walk. the streets are packed with motorbikes and they constantly honk. there are also no streetlights so you just have to walk into traffic and everyone just tries to avoid you. the girl taking me on the tour was suprised that the traffic didn't seem to bother me. i guess when you grow up in the metro area you get used to crazy drivers. we left our tour guides and are on our own in hanoi. i'm going to go do some more exploring and then hopefully catch a cab home. wish me luck. i'm going to try and fix the internet and the "peace house" when I get back so hopefully i can get some pics up.

No comments: