Sunday, July 26, 2009

attack of the henna girls

I spent last night puking my guts out. I'm not sure what I ate, but I am paying the price today. I couldn't get out of bed until well after noon, and still have not been able to eat anything. I did however run into two henna girls that I had promised some work to the day we got here. All these little girls run around with baskets trying to sell you flowers and two of the wanted to henna my hands. I didn't have any small bills so I told them that if they found me before I left that I would pay them 50 rs a hand. Today they found me. Both my hands are now covered in what is clearly the henna work of 8 year old girls. It was great. They chatted with me, listened so music on my ipod, and attacked Sunni as soon as showed up. Sunni got it worse than I did, she has both hands and legs tagged by a gang of little girls. I likeed these kids so much that I paid them more than the boat men that rowed us a mile yesterday.

Attack of the Henna Girls



1 comment: