Friday, July 3, 2009

sweden pics

Stockholm is beautiful but confusing. After spending three days here I do not feel like I understand it in the slightest. The city is so amazing that you almost stop noticing it. We went to so many museums that it is hard to keep track but here is a list off of the top of my head:
  • modern art
  • national
  • vasa (cool ship that sunk hundreds of years ago)
  • armory
  • royal palace
  • a bunch of cool old churches
I have a feeling that we only got to see the tourist areas of the city. It is a little disapointing that I can't leave saying that I know the "real" Sweden. It has still been a blast and I doubt that I will forget any of it. I think what shocks me most is the lack of shock. This place amazing, but still not all that different from the USA. I guess i'll have to get all my culture shock in India.

vasa ship museum
everything in sweden looks like this!
changing of the guard
iant calder outside modern museum
finaly the sun goes down!!!
royal palace (it is tacky and ugly in side, royals have NO taste)
on the boat back from the palace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is a very nice blog Mr.mylenek did you have a great time there and did you bring suviners