Friday, July 31, 2009

Everybody poops...

Poop. We all do it. But not in the steet, Kolkata is the only place we have been so far where we have not had to dodge poop land mines. The amount of poop in India in stagering. Animals run wild here and sanitation is not a prirtioty, so on the average walk down the road one has to dodge a plethora of poop. The poop hierarchy is as follows: Water buffalo, cow, pig, dog, human, monkey, goat. Yes that is right; human. People in India poop in the street. They do it in broad daylight. I would say that on average we have seen around ten people poop every day. There appears to be no shame in it. No one cleans the poop either, You have to constantly dodge giant poop blobs every where you walk. On the trains the toilets just empty out onto the tracks, so all you see and smell in the stations is human feces. I am not trying to sound judgmental, but I find it very hard to understand how people can live so close to so many kinds of poop and not be bothered. I try to follow the old saying "when in rome do as the romans do", but so far I have not pooped in the street.

Pooping in public (he was actualy reading someting while doing it!)

look at the poop! (just try to imagine how bad this smells!!!!)

2 comments:

Mary Butts said...

I laughed so hard that I pooped my pants!

M.Rishan Shareef said...

:-(