Monday, July 13, 2009

finally calming down

After what was certainly the most massive culture shock in the world (and I was in a car accident in africa) i have finally calmed down. I absolutely freaked out when I got here and made several classic mistakes that ended up costing me some cash and a nights sleep (i'll explain later), but I am much better now. Me and Sunni went all over the area we are staying in today. It was a Monday, so it was much calmer and we able to see so much more. We found a bunch of temples and meditated for a little while a big Ramakrishna one. Then we went to Lodi Park, which is where all the young love birds go to hold hands and make out. It was quiet and peaceful and you can sit inside big 500+ year old buildings without any hassle (plus it's like 20 degrees cooler in the park). I think this is best place I have been in India so far, but I still have a lot to go. We are taking a train to Jaipur tomorrow, so wish us luck (the train station makes me very nervous).

Ramakrishna temple
Lodi Park


No comments: