Friday, July 1, 2016

The beach and some late night math rock

Lisbon has a huge beach culture. One of the first things our Uber driver said when he picked us up from the airport was that he wished he was at the beach. We took the local train to a surfer beach recommended by our host. I don't think I've ever been on such a clean beach. There were people learning to surf everywhere and a fort off in the distance. The water is so cold that I couldn't really stay in for that long at a time. I'm not sure how it can be hot outside and freezing in the water.

We saw a band setting up on the walk back, so we had dinner and went back to check it out. They were supposed to go on around 11, but the Portugal vs Poland match was on, so they waited until it was over. The band ended up being an intense math rock/post rock duo. Fantastic music and very unexpected to see in a random plaza at night. I seem to get very lucky finding weirdo live music that I like while abroad.






Math rock!!!


No comments: