Saturday, July 17, 2010

sento

I did the public bath tonight! Easily the most relaxing thing I have ever done (also one of the most bizarre). Let me set the scene:
  • everyone gets naked and scrubs themselves down (they lather up till they are all sudsy and white)
  • most of the guys sit on little stools and use little 2 foot high showers (it looks hilarious, I was the only one who used a normal shower)
  • you get into the water (which is either ice cold or burning hot)
  • all the water is pumped so full of minerals that it looks like flat coca-cola
  • one of the baths has electricity in the water!!! (you can feel it tingle when you turn the bubble jets on)
  • they have a coy pond and a little water fall and people sit on little wood stools and stare at them while they are butt naked (it looked crazy at first but I tried it and found it very relaxing) who would have thought that fish and nudity would be a good combo???
  • the girls do the same thing but they are on the other side of a big wall (you can hear them talking and laughing (the guys are pretty quiet)
I'm totally going back tomorrow night. I would have NO STRESS if we had this in Michigan.

No comments: