Saturday, July 22, 2017

Ho Chi Mihn


I was in Hanoi, Vietnam for my first summer trip. It was quite an experience. Looking back, I'm not sure how I ever traveled again after that trip (so many things went wrong). I certainly never thought I'd make a return trip to NAM. Fast forward 10 years, and our good friend Julie is teaching in Ho Chi Minh city... so here we are! I assumed that Ho Chi Minh would be a little more logical/safe/clean than Hanoi. I was wrong. lol. It's just as crazy as in the North except we have a personal guide to show us all around. Once you look past the rubble in the streets and endless motor bikes, there are loads of cute little cafes, bars and hangout spots all over the city. The cabs are cheap and easy too. There is no way we would have been able to locate any of this stuff without an insider. Julie stays in a gated community and her place is a palace, so it's easy to escape the hustle and bustle and relax. She is the best host ever.













lil gangsta!




sunni and julie on her motorbike

It rains A LOT.
My solution was to roll my shorts ALL THE WAY up.
The local were amused. 


No comments: