Monday, July 10, 2017

I'm a fool!

"there is a traditional saying in Japan, 'a wise man climbs MtFuji once in his life, a fool climbs it twice.'"

7 years ago I climbed Mt. Fuji. It was brutal. I was surprised when Sunni wanted to climb it too. No way I was going to let her climb it alone. It's really hard and moral support goes along way. I was really afraid that 7 years would have taken a toll on my body and that it would be even harder than before. Also, I sprained my ankle two days before by acting foolish (i.e. I don't have a clue what I did). My ankle was swollen and bruised. Not the ideal way to start a hike....

Sunni and I killed that mountain! We got on the first bus, started early, had AMAZING weather, and were back down about 10 hours later. We didn't get a drop of rain. When the clouds periodically blew through, it felt like the mountain wanted us to have some air conditioning. Sunni was a trooper and I actually found it MUCH easier this time. Apparently going to the gym actually helps.  We saw a few people passing out and really struggling. One dude had to have 4 of friends basically carry him down. Another lady passed out on the bus back. On the other hand there we a few little kids that made the whole climb. Sunni and I were so proud of them. Imagine being 11 and climbing a mountain. Maybe I'll climb it again next time I'm here. LOL.


















No comments: