Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shanghai

Shanghai is nuts. It seems fairly normal during the day, but as soon as the sun goes down the people start to flow out like a broken fire hydrant. The expo has been getting 400,000 or so people a day visiting and they all come out at night. The Chinese are not polite, so everyone crowds and pushes. The pollution leaves the sky line in a haze and almost instantly seemed to hurt my eyes and throat. The lights of city are blinding to the point that I could barely take a picture without it getting washed out. It is just as hot here if not hotter than in japan which means that I drip sweat all day.  I plan to go the expo in the next few days and that is supposed to be even crazier. So far I am loving it here. As soon as I saw the city at night I booked two more days. I can never get enough big city craziness and this is by far the biggest city I have ever been to (20 million +). 

No comments: