Monday, August 9, 2010

xi'an

Xi'an is pretty dirty and run down. My hostel is down a stinky back street but is awesome when you get inside. They have a huge hang out room, pool and table tennis room, a bunch of animals (fish, dogs, rabbits, birds, cats, and more). They even have live music and trivia.  Most people including myself only come here for one thing: the terricota warriors. I don't know how power mad you have to be create a 4000+ person clay army. The detail on the soldiers is pretty impressive. They only have a few hundred on display so I can't imagine what it must have been like to see them all together. Their second most famous attraction is the Big Goose Pagoda which would be a lot more impressive the air pollution wasn't so bad here (the Pagoda is not even that big and the top is still covered in smog). I think my favorite thing about xi'an is this noodle restaurant that serves one long flat noodle that fills the entire bowl. It tasted so good that I ate there twice.

No comments: