Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bogota in the day

I got up pretty early and spent the day exploring. Forget what I said about the city looking like Detroit. In the day all of the buildings open their doors,you can see the bright colors and the architecture becomes clear. There is certainly no danger in central area of the city. Families are out walking and no one hassles you (not the case at night, I've been offered coke a few times and everyone is as seedy as they come, kinda gives me the creeps). I went into a few old churches, managed to order a huge meat free breakfast, and found the Botero museum with absolutely no hassle. I felt so comfortable that I had a few drinks and lied down and read in a park. I Found a tiny veg restaurant, had an incredible dinner and a night cap at the heavy metal bar behind my hostel (there are 4 within a block radius, weird).

P94
P96
P98
P100
P102
P104
P106
P108

No comments: