Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer trip: take four!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning on my fourth annual summer trip. I originally wanted to head to the middle east, but political conditions and overall cost took it off my itinerary. I haven't been anywhere in South America yet, so I decided I'd give Columbia and Peru a try. I'm a little nervous for a couple of reasons: It is not necessarily all that safe, I speak zero Spanish, and I am winging it and have virtually nothing planned. I know that I want to go to the Botero museum in Bogota, Machu Picchu in Cuzco and to avoid the cocaine at all costs. Everything else including flights is up in the air. I am also taking my ipad instead of my laptop, so please forgive me if the format on the blog is weird, I haven't used it for blogging yet, but I think it should be a big improvement from the net-book that I have been traveling with for the past two years. Wi-fi should be pretty easy to find, so expect lots of pics and videos. I should be arriving at a cute pink hostel in Bogota around 9pm. Wish me luck and keep in touch!

1 comment:

Karen Myers said...

Erik,
I love your sense of adventure - My level of curiosity may rival yours, but my level of caution would certainly restrict me from acting on it! I am so glad you blog while you are traveling so I can live vicariously through you. Be safe! I'll pray to Joe Pesci for you - George Carlin found him a quite reliable deity. ;-)