Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day two

Was a little more cautious today after talking to two American grad students who's friend was choked out in broad daylight for her phone. Kept the camera in my bag most of the day. Went uptown to the national and the modern art museum. Neither were great, but still worth the trip. Passed by some pro government rally on the way but couldn't figure out what was going on so I left.

Random weird stuff:People chain cell phones to carts and charge 200 peso to use them.

I saw an ATM guarded by a guy with a shotgun.

I got backed into by a big truck. No damage done.

I was walking and a guy ran in front of me with a pistol in his hand. He had a backup guy with a shot gun. They were loading a brinks  like truck with money from a store. No one thought this was weird but me.

I took a cable to a church in the mountains. The view was great. I took a picture of 4 cute girls for them and the did the same for me. Only time in trusted my camera with anyone thus far. The pic they took was not very good.

P133
P135
P137
P139
P141
P143
P145

2 comments:

Karen Myers said...

Good call on keeping your valuables in your bag!

Mark.H said...

Man, that cable car looks so unsafe. I don't think I could bring myself to ride on it.