Monday, July 11, 2011

Zona rosa

I spent my last full day in bogota hanging out in zona rosa. It's the yuppie area and feels like being in a completely different country. Fancy malls, gourmet restaurants, and luxury car dealerships. Not really my scene, but I found a huge public park filled with joggers, people doing yoga, and hundreds of dogs playing with their owners. I ended up going to the bogota beer company to watch the big football match. Soccer sucks, but watching columbians watch soccer doesn't. They yell and scream. Jump up and dance when they score with pride that you rarely see in any activity. They won 2 - 0 versus Bolivia so there was much celebrating. When I was getting ready for bed at around 11 pm I noticed the sound of drums coming through the window, so I threw my clothes back on to investigate. Followed the sound to a small private latin band playing in a closed restaurant. The music was great and there were two beautiful girls dancing wildly with a couple of funny old men. Only got to catch a few songs before they were finished, but it was a great way to end my stay here.

1 comment:

Dennis Novak said...

Yes. Soccer Sucks! You watched a 2-0 game and THAT is as exciting as it gets. Give me Basketball (137-117) anyday!.

Enjoying you blog immensely. Great observations. I liked the comment that Botero even does fat still lifes.
Well observed.

Stay out of trouble ...but not too much.