Thursday, July 28, 2011

wrapping up in cartagena

I went to the last couple of attractions. A huge castle and a big curch. The castle had all these dark winding caves under it. They give off huge echos and a few of them were so dark that i had to use a flashlight to stop from bumping into the walls. The church actually has the bones of a saint or somebody on display right under the altar. They glow under strange orange lights. They also had a two large macaws in a cage in their courtyard. I dont remember any parrots in the bible.

I spent my last day on one of the nicer beaches. Unlike the crappy walkable beach that I have been going to, everyone hastles you to buy stuff. It was pretty annoying. I dont want crabs, fruit, oysters, a hat, sunglasses, jewelry, or any of the other crap. I also had some crazy one legged lady who kept touching me and yelling gibberish (probably spanish, still can not tell). I did get a pretty good massage for $5. I have been going to a film festival in town but it was cancled becuase some famous musican died. They just played this horrible documentary about him instead. I am off to Bogota for few days them back home. Hoping that I can find the old dirty bastard portrait while Im there.

Img_7445
Img_7469
Img_7449
Img_7459
Img_7473
Img_7475
Img_7476
Img_7479
.

No comments: