Monday, July 7, 2014

Temple time

Spent the day walking to all the temples in our area.  It's so hot here.  I wore pants for the first time to not offend the Buddhists,  so I was dripping sweat all day.  Wat Pho was my favorite and the most famous.  The Buddha is so big and his feet are amazing.  Behind him there is a row of metal coin bowls,  so it sounds like it's raining metal as the people deposit all their change.  It's also serves as an herbal medicine and massage school. I sat in on some kind of monk ceremony at another temple. I think it might have been an induction of new monks.  We found a big flower market and a place where they sell bulk produce for restaurants. People get paid to sit and remove the stems from chili's all
 day.  I don't think we were supposed to be in there,  but they didn't seem to mind.  I was so tired from the heat that I fell asleep at 9pm.



Buddha's feet!
















No comments: