Tuesday, July 14, 2015

accidental old town

While waiting in a park for our train to leave, I got bored and went our exploring. I found some steep stairs and climbed them, found some more, climbed those too and somehow ended up in the walls of the old town that we had seen from across the river. We had been wondering where all the lonely planet toting tourist groups were and I found them. I guess that's what happens when you show up in a city with no research. I walked around by myself for a little while taking pictures of the churches, castles, and old statues. I also finally found our friend, Ms. Felgenauer, the magnet she wanted (we hadn't seen a single tourist shop where we were staying). I lost track of time and had to jog all the way back so we didn't miss the train. The girls were not too happy with my disappearing act. The train was great. They had a nice dinning cart, good views, and bottle openers built right into the seats. 8 hours of chilled out scenery and reading time!

pics of random pretty stuff:











view from the back of the train

No comments: