Saturday, July 18, 2015

Venice is a hot mess

It's so hot here! I knew what I was getting into, but I didn't expect that magical beauty that they show in the movies, I've read up, I know that Venice is a hot stinky tourist trap. It's just so much uglier after being in Ljubljana. Ljubljana is the perfect place for a romantic journey. Venice is a good place to get a mosquito bite and overcharged for food.

But I came for the Biennalle! Not the tourist nonsense.  We spent the first day just wandering through the tiny alleys, taking pictures, sweating, and got our biennalle tickets for the next day. I got a lot of amazing pictures, but don't let them fool you, if you have the choice, go to Ljubljana, Slovenia. It's cheaper, prettier, calmer, and much more of an authentic city. We aren't even staying in Venice, it was way too expensive.  We're in a cheap BnB about 20 mins away from the island. The city is pretty ugly, but there is nice little strip that opens up at night for dinner and drinks.

More on the Biennale and Venice redeeming itself tomorrow. I've changed my tone a little, I wrote this after the first night...

Pretty pictures (I'm REALLY good at getting shots without the thousands of teeming tourists with selfie sticks. I promise they are there) :


it cost 80 euro to ride in these!!! madness






I like yelling in foreign payphones... 









No comments: